Dynamic Certified Project Manager
Disciplined Project Process Approach Leading to Proven Project Delivery
Strong skills in stakeholder management, collaborative complex project planning and ensuring customer satisfaction criteria are met past final deployment. Methodical planner with disciplined time-management skills, manage concurrent projects. Manage and develop distributed, off-shore, high-performing cross-functional project teams. Exhibit flexibility, delivering projects in variety of industry verticals, banking compliance projects. Active listener, managing relationships using consultative approach.
Areas of Expertise:
Agile & Waterfall Methodologies | Risk Management |Manage off-shore teams | BASEL II Compliance
Proactive Scope Control | Software Deployment Management
Charles Schwab – Contract position, Austin, TX July – September 2016
Senior Project Manager
Manage four concurrent projects for Finance from inception with business and technology stakeholders located in multiple interstate locations in a matrix environment using Agile methods.
- Lead stakeholders through development of project scope and high-level requirements for multi-platform projects including Mainframe, PeopleSoft, IBM TM1 and wider enterprise systems; create all project plans and budgets.
- Manage project execution – on schedule - report to Executive Team forum.
IBM, Melbourne, Australia Mar 2006 – May 2016
Project Manager, ANZ Bank 2016
Managed Big Data project to improve BASEL II compliance, built on InfoSphere Information Server profiling source data and using probabilistic matching.
- Utilized Agile methodology with IBM team and client stakeholders, delivering final input data set for bank to reduce Risk-Weighted Assets (RWA) estimated at $2B.
- Led team, utilising Agile framework, demonstrating to client significant change required to final deliverable for fit-for-purpose, saving $300K to project.
Master Scheduler, Medibank Private P/L 2015 – 2016
Oversaw $100M transformation project to migrate Medibank’s core business systems to single SAP platform.
- Coached 15 cross-functional Project Managers in creation and continuous maintenance of project schedules, retaining schedule integrity and consistent dependency interlock across program.
- Chaired weekly program meeting of 15 Project Managers and senior managers, utilizing critical path analysis and custom schedule reports, reducing dependency misalignment by 50% and used in reporting to senior management.
Project Manager / Deployment Manager, Schweppes Australia P/L 2015
Managed global team for replacement of existing middleware systems with SAP PI.
- Turned around troubled project, reducing time to completion by over 2 months by re-configuring protracted design effort and significantly improving project communications with team and key client stakeholders.
- Ran SAP PI go-live and transitioned to support, creating run-sheets in consultation with team and client, instigating and leading critical dry-run, avoiding previously unknown costly issues.
Project Manager / Deployment Manager, National Australia Bank NAB) 2014 – 2015
Turned around 4 troubled projects comprising of cross-functional teams for migration of multiple applications from disparate, unsupported platforms, to private on-demand Cloud environment.
- Overhauled project plans completely, reenergizing and reformatting weekly project meetings and reports resulting in quantum leap in client satisfaction in very aggressive program environment.
- Led deployment preparation, ran go-live and transition to support for 2 applications in absence of available resource, becoming only Project Manager on program to achieve this.
Master Scheduler, Medibank Private P/L 2013 – 2014
Led multiple program replanning workshops with 8 client stream leads and program managers on SAP program.
- Produced and managed master schedule, ensuring program deadline date was achieved.
Project Manager, National Australia Bank 2012 – 2013
Directed 4 IBM project managers in regular absence of Program Manager.
- Managed integrated program schedule, risks, and issues proactively, ensuring on-time project delivery.
Project Manager, Tabcorp (Major sports betting company) 2011 – 2012
Managed risks and issues, chaired team meetings and produced reports reviewed with client.
- Setup earned value tracking, creating project schedule from sales material 1-day prior to kick-off.
- Designed and ran project completion workshop producing report, delivering on-time, on-budget.
Project Manager, BHP Billiton 2010 – 2011
Took over from Senior Project Manager, led team through vendor evaluation process with client project manager.
- Delivered SAP Access Management project on-time, under budget, including proof of concept for selected vendor solution, providing final recommendations for implementation to CIO.
Classic Blue, Melbourne, Australia 2005 – 2006
Reached sales goals for consulting service.
- Met sales targets of security consulting services and maintenance through consistent cold-calling, having best hit rate in company.
EGlobal, Melbourne, Australia 2002 – 2005
Achieved all sales targets of security software / hardware, managed services and security auditing.
- Established security auditing capability for company, adding $100K to security revenues in first 3 months.
Education and Training
- Post Graduate Executive Certificate Monash University, Australia – Information Technology (IT Systems / Programming / Business Systems / Project Management)
- Coursework for MBA Monash University, Australia – Information Technology
- PMI Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) – Project Management Institute Inc.
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner Curriculum – 11 Modules
- ‘Architectural Thinking’ (IBM Architectural Practice)
- Australian Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association Diploma, Melbourne University School of Pharmacy (Anatomy / Physiology / Pharmacology / Disease States)
Project Management Institute - ,Member of Austin Chapter