Executive Project Manager
Highly skilled and experienced manager of people, programs, and projects with over 30 years’ experience in the IT field. Accomplished professional, with versatile skills ranging from managing large and complex projects to financial analysis to alliance building. PMP Certified since 2007.
Digital Sales Executive, Digital Systems Hardware 2012 - 2016
● Drove transformation strategy for $1B worldwide Digital Systems Hardware organization, and executed change in brand focus from System x to Power & Storage sales, and sales focus from direct to 100% co-sell with Business Partners.
● Lead cognitive analytics of worldwide territories to provide insights to which of our >600k clients fall into different categories for prioritization with our sales force.
● Developed & prepared presentations for my Vice President for his senior management team on Digital Sales performance status, success factors, recovery actions, and expansion strategy.
Project Manager, Systems Hardware Launch Education 2009 - 2012
● Lead and managed virtual team to develop insightful and compelling education plans for each of the quarterly Systems Hardware Product Launches.
● Standardized processes and continually drove improvements in the launch development process, including content, delivery methods, required resources, and communication vehicles used to convey the available education.
● Quarterly Launches trained up to 7,000 sellers worldwide including IBMers and Business Partners.
Special Assignment, STG Education 2010 - 2012
● Project Management Lead for planning, developing, executing, and tracking worldwide face to face T3 (Train the Trainer) announcement education events for over 1000 IBM and Business Partner Sellers on PureSystems, a new major IBM-wide offering.
● Developed and completed three geo-specific events on time and within budget, despite ongoing changes to executive ownership, agenda, venues, and the product offering itself.
- Managed multiple workstreams for each event, including agenda and content development, registration, and site logistics.
- Received extremely positive reviews from IBM and Business Partner audience and from local and worldwide executives in attendance.
Technical Support Management, Systems and Technology Group 2006 - 2010
● Created and executed education plan for Integrated Dynamic Infrastructure Launch Received worldwide accolades for quality and smoothness of execution.
● Developed Technical Support Plans for worldwide Power Systems sellers.
● Drove Hardware Management Console (HMC) NLS (National Language Support) mitigation plan to publicize internally and to minimize impact of lack of translations on non-US customers.
Manager, Rapid Port and Cross-Industry Enablement 2004 - 2006
● Managed group of 15 people across multiple sites in 4 workteams with positive technical and personnel results.
● Expanded Rapid Port to support Linux on Power and “rapid response” programs.
● Proposed and funded Solutions Enablement support of sales PowerNet model for 2006 plan.
Opportunity Development Manager, IBM Solutions Enablement 2000 - 2003
● Formalized Rapid Port process from ad-hoc spreadsheets to web site and established ongoing project and revenue reporting.
● Managed relationships with outside software companies to drive development and simultaneous release of products on AIX with Solaris and HP-UX.
● ISV application enablement from my dedicated projects drove over $100M pseries revenue during my tenure.
Financial Analyst 1997-2000
● Developed Cost Engineering Model for printed circuit board manufacturing expense.
● Developed model and taught course at IBM HQ on ROI analysis.
● Capital Planner and Financial Analyst for Austin printed circuit board manufacturing facility.
● Received multiple awards for individual contributor and people management roles.
Stanford University 1979 – 1983
Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering
● Coursework included Operations Research, Statistics, Management Engineering, Finance
● Executive IBM Certified Project Manager (IBM certification), PMP certified, CASA volunteer, President of RABNA neighborhood association, amateur triathlete