hotel front desk clerk
34 Green Terrace Cove, Lakeway, Texas 78734
Phone: 512-282-8171, Cell: 512-923-5869
I am interested in acquiring a front desk position with a hotel in Austin, and since I have had previous experience at the front desk at the Adolphus Hotel in downtown Dallas, I have much to offer in regards to the working knowledge of the hotel business.
In my most recent employment with Texas Student Media at the University of Texas at Austin, I had 16 years of service and commitment as the Assistant to the Director of Texas Student Media, Advisor to the students, Secretary to the Board of Trustees, and a Liaison between TSM and the faculty, staff and students at UT. I have also had many years of experience in retail management, so I have had extensive experience working with the public.
With my experience and knowledge of UT and the hotel industry, I know that I can be an asset to your hotel.
I hope that you will review my application. Thank you for your consideration.
Texas Student Media The University of Texas at Austin August 1996 - July 2012
Assistant to the Director, Cactus Yearbook Adviser, Secretary to the TSM Board of Operating Trustees
- Twenty percent of my job responsibilities involved keeping the Director's calendar and assisting with official TSM correspondence and business. I was also in charge of major special projects such as the TSM Award Banquet, Explore UT, Honors Colloquium, and tours of Texas Student Media.
- Another 30% of my job revolved around the TSM Board of Operating Trustees. I created the agenda for the Secretary Of State, provided the Board Members with official information each month, and reserved and set up rooms for meetings and luncheons.
- The remaining 50% of my responsibilities involved advising and assisting the Cactus Yearbook Staff. In addition to assisting the staff with all aspects of the production of the award-winning yearbook, I also orchestrated and staffed special projects such as Party on the Plaza, the Outstanding Students and Cactus Goodfellow Awards, Parents Weekend, 40 Acres Fest, etc.
- I assisted or personally edited the Peregrinus, the UT Law School's yearbook, for eight years.
- I assisted or personally edited the Freshmen Directory for 15 years.
Austin Independent School District, Retail and Hospitality Industries 1979 - 1996
Austin Independent School District Austin, TX 1993 - 1994
- Substitute Teacher for K 1-12 Classes
J.C. Penney, Dillard’s, Sanger Harris, Foley’s Austin/Dallas, TX 1979 - 1996
- Menswear Sales
Russell's Austin, TX 1988 - 1989
- Manager of this card, sundry and gift store
The Paper Doll San Diego, CA 1986-1987
- Advanced to Assistant Manager in the 2 largest
stores in this chain of card and gift stores.
The Adolphus Hotel Dallas, TX 1981 - 1986
- Front Desk Supervisor, leading staff of 8.
Bachelor of Arts, English The University of Texas at Austin 1990
Teaching Certification in English and Drama The University of Texas at Austin 1991
Microsoft Word and Excel, InDesign
Creative Writing, Painting, Crafting, Ballroom Dancing
Kathy Lawrence McCarty
(Texas Student Media)
[Texas Student Media]
Dr. Jennifer Hammat
[The University of Texas at Austin]