800West 38th Street Phone: 216.375.9084
Austin, TX 78705 Email: email@example.com
- Proficiency analyzing injury case files
- Expertise in contract negotiation and settlement
- Diverse experience in both legal and insurance fields
- Extensive customer service background
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
One West Bank Austin, TX Jan-Feb, 2013
(Through Integrated Humane Capital agency)
Customer Service Representative
Reviewed foreclosure files to determine status of claim and if claim was treated in
Found foreclosure file on computer and reviewed file to determine if borrower had filed for bankruptcy and whether foreclosure had gone through to sale. Also determined if bank had purchased property at foreclosure sale.
Prepared memo for file summarizing review of file. Flagged file if there was some issue found on review.
Dell Computer Co. Round Rock, TX Oct-Nov., 2012
Customer Service Representative (through agency)
Received calls and reviewed email regarding the extension of warranty services on Dell computers which were installed on customer site. Advised customer of options available, including on-site service and/or telephone support. Prepared quote with cost for extending warranty services.
Forwarded quote to customer and called them to follow up and to take the order.
Journalized payments from customers and entered order that warranty be reinstated and/or extended for specific period of time, normally not less than one year.
Entered order onto computer.
Law Office of David Jaffe, Solon, Ohio 1997 to 2012
- Represented clients in civil lawsuits, with concentration on injury cases resulting from automobile accidents.
- Assessed collected information, consulting with clients and insurance companies regarding insurance coverage.
- Conducted investigations of injury claims and prepared packages for insurance adjuster.
- Negotiated settlement of injury/negligence claims with a 90% success rate.
- Assisted in expanding benefits to hundreds of clients with claims made under Ohio’s Victims Compensation program.
- Handled subrogation collections for an automobile insurance company. Also handled collections for many medical service providers. Notified debtors of claim and obtained judgments in municipal court. Secured judgments by obtaining liens on real estate. Represented creditors in foreclosure proceedings. Collected on judgments by using bank attachments and wage garnishments.
PNC Bank, Brecksville, OH 2006 to 2010
- Negotiated payment arrangements, settlements, and deposits with customers who were delinquent on their mortgage payments..
- Documented and updated information on customer accounts.
- Prepared initial underwriting decision concerning whether customer qualified for mortgage mitigation program.
- Attempted to collect on delinquent mortgages.
- Forwarded unpaid mortgage loans to Foreclosure Department, reviewing documents for completeness.
Independent Sales Representative
Combined Insurance Company, Chicago, Illinois 2004 to 2006
- Marketed Long Term Care Insurance as well as other insurance/investment products utilizing consultative sales and risk management approach.
- Conducted field underwriting in order to complete application for insurance sale.
- Customized insurance programs to suit the customer’s needs.
EDUCATION / LICENSING
J.D. from Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Kenyon College, Gambier, Ohio
Texas Insurance Adjusters License
Ohio Life, Property & Casualty Insurance Sales License
Ohio Attorney License